Church Update 1/29/24by Mark L. Holz on January 29, 2024
Dear Church Family,
At the end of yesterday's service, the church presented Pastor Toby with a gift of appreciation for all he has done this last year. He received a wall hanging for his home office featuring a message about our country and Jesus' sacrifice for it. We praise God for everything He has brought to our church this last year and in particular our "Preacher/Teacher" Toby who has been a big part of it thanks to God's grace.
Church Annual Business Meeting
Yesterday we held our first annual "Church Business Meeting" to review results from 2023 and a look forward to 2024. We hold these meetings as an opportunity to engage our assembly in what is going on with the church. While we cover financial information, the objective is to share what God is doing within our assembly.
Some highlights for those unable to attend:
- God's church is doing amazingly well one year after losing our founding Pastor Ted and we are on a solid foundation.
- We now have a children's Sunday School Ministry (we had a dozen children yesterday!)
- Our Teen Group Ministry meets each Monday evening with about a dozen kids coming to hear and share.
- We have made improvements to our building including computer systems, improved security and heating/air.
- We have executed a new 5 year lease with no increase in rent that will take us through 2028 Lord willing.
- Our leadership team continues to monitor watchfully for what God may bring next to our assembly.
- We have asked God for His guidance in Missions, Education, and other ministries He may want us to pursue with no plan of our own, just relying on Him. Down these lines, we are asking the congregation to submit any ideas you have regarding Missions we should look into supporting.
- We announced the establishment of a "Benevolent Fund" for our church members who may fall onto financial challenges. A box (the former (Barnabas collection box) will be available just outside the sanctuary for any donations people would like to make. Like Barnabas, if each person puts in a dollar each week we can grow this into a meaningful amount for those of our assembly who need short-term financial assistance. Thank you in advance for your faithfulness to this new ministry!
Please continue to pray for our church as well as all the other churches here in Copperopolis that we are all fulfilling His Great Commission and that He blesses those efforts.
If you would like to receive a copy of the detailed budget for 2024 please email the office (email@example.com) and we are happy to provide it to you!
Giving statements have been sent out via email. If you have not received yours, please email the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will get yours to you.
Thank you for being the loving, prayerful, serving people you are. We are all truly blessed!